Wednesday, January 24

SRK in the hot seat, KBC

Generally, a quiz or contest is strenuous for the participants - for the first time, one faces a nervous quiz master - King khan !
Before I go on with the review, let me clarify my stance - I'm neither a fan of SRK nor that of Big B. I like most of their movies and have nothing against them as well !
How do u say that he is nervous? Well, I've never seen him sweating in any advertisement or movie, unless after a screen fight! Yesterday, he was in sweat . It was a pity when the contestant asked for a shoulder massage to relieve his stress from a guy who was more stressed than him! But, this is a new role and anyone would be under tremendous pressure -so, what's wrong with it?
I've only one point against him - he "acts" instead of being a quiz master! Whether his pronouncing the friend's name "Venky", trying his shayari , speaking in Tamil "idli saaptiya" instead of Telugu (Somehow, most of the North indians think that the whole of south indians are Madrasis!) or gifting a watch (Was that "Tag Huer", a brand he endorses ??Lucky !) or his jumping onto the seat - clearly, he was acting !
Donno if that's the best way of conducting the show, I definitely want to admire him for the sheer efforts taken by him to put his best foot forward ! Inspite of his age, he was running around and tried his best to woo all the audiences - be it Bangla, Telugu or Haryani !
Come-on SRK, continue to do ur best and entertain us !
After all, this show is more of infotainment than a typical quiz!

No comments: