Thursday, November 22

Unforgettable one!

Let me tell u an unforgettable event that happened yesterday and that will remain in my memories forever!
To kill the boredom, I decided to goto the library yesterday noon and packed my laptop too. I had to take a train from my hotel to the library and got down after the 20 minute journey. I had to walk a bit towards the building. After I entered only, I realised that myhandbag was missing! And that too with all my money, ATM card, passport, mobile,room key,ticket etc etc !! I could only curse myself for being so careless! I had left the bag in the seat and got down the train with my laptop bag alone!
Was not sure of teh nearby police station or telephone booth and had no money or phone numbers to call anyone!!
Rushed to the trainstop and waited for the next train in the same direction. It being a sunday, the frequency was less and those 10 minutes were the most difficult ones! there was nobody to help me with any information!
When the train came, I rushed to the driver and there was an old man who said that he understood little English! I was relieved a bit. When I told him, he offered to speak to the central department and find it. After he spoke, he asked me to come in the same train to the depot which was half an hour away! I told him that my money and tickets are in the bag, if any inspection came! He said that he would take care and asked me to sit calmly! After half an hour, there was a change of driver in a station where I got down along with him. He took me through the roads bordered by empty trams and entered a big building. All the while, I had been praying that my bag should be found. On entering a room far inside the building, I saw the green bag ! There were 3 others and one of them asked me to check the valuables. There was a list which had all the details. The first thing I checked was the passport! I signed a receipt and it got over ! Could not belive it !!
Thanked the old man and told him how relieved I was. He asked me not to worry and that he was still waiting for his lost bag and had to make a police complaint!!
Till I reached the room, I was hugging the bags :-)
I felt very good about the place, people and Germany!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.