Friday, July 4

Significance of Sixty

I am now wondering why 60 is a significant number in one's lifetime ? There must be some reasons in the literature - In certain culture, 60th age signifies rebirth and is celebrated as the person gets to re-live the years 60 before. Well, in most of the Indian systems, 60 years form a cycle. I presume that there is an astronomical reason for the figure 60! So, once a person reaches 60, he/she enjoys the same year as that of his/her birth ! That's how it is a re-birth ! It is celebrated with family and friends and is a good opportunity for fun and merriment.
Interesting reason for the tradition, right? Well, let me also tell u the reason for choosing this topic!
This is my 60th post and I started writing that only to realise that I was not aware of the reasoning. Did a quick and brief research and found this!
Long live blogging!