Sunday, December 2

Expectations

Ever before I jumped out of the bed, I started thinking of expectations , relationships etc.. Donno if its an offshoot of some dream, but it is on my thoughts since morning.

My theory is as follows:
Expectations define relationships. If we get rid of expectations, there maynot be any kind of relationships at all! Is that the objective of humankind? Is that what great spiritual leaders like Buddha wanted to achieve and suggest ?
Then, we maynot be fitting in a sociey with its defined rules, relationships like family, siblings, spouse, children etc etc.
I'm confused!
Sometimes, I wonder where to draw a line and in some cases how lengthy the rope should be!

We have expectations even in unconditional love, don't we? Isnt it love then? If it is love, can it be based on or supported by expectations? IMHO, expectations have 2 sides whereas love need not be! Where do these 2 meet?

Leave the answering to a Buddhas and Psycology professors :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.