Tuesday, December 23

What kept me away?

Guess what happens, when u return to work after a break? Piles of work and loads of mails in the inbox !
Well, I'm in a similar position. Haven't actively blogged for a while and now, have got Kilobytes and megabytes of things to share with :-)
Let me begin with the reason for my silence as the first topic.
I took a break from work for a month, after nine years in the corporate world. You may instantly approve the need for a break! I took this time to rejuvenate myself and did what I love to do.
  • Stayed back @ home, sweet home till I got bored of the TV. I am not going to complain about saas-bahu serials and their viewers. The women at home and others watch them for lack of better options! (Plenty of time on hand and the absence of objective or goal may force things that are otherwise undersired. This is one of the lessons I've learnt.)
  • Cleaned a bit (I have to say a bit, because cleaning and dusting a house are perennial jobs) and organised stuff lying all over the house. (It takes only a minute for the house to revert to its disorganised state and somehow I belive it takes no effort for this reversion!)
  • Took up dieting and gymmed daily- I lost a good 4.5 inches and 1.5 kilos (The kilos have now returned back as pounds)
  • Played keyboard and regularly went for my classes and practised at home as well (There was no need to dust the keyboard)
  • Visited my parents and spent time with my immediate family and friends
  • Went on a holiday with my hubby dear to the beaches of Mangalore and forts of Kerala.
  • Rest of the time, I was busy shopping, listening to music and lazing around :-)
Basically, I grabbed the opportunity and spent quality time with myself and family.
I simply love those days and I was happy to end the vacation as well.
All is well that ends well :-)
And when I joined work last month, the initial days kept me busy and so, couldn't take time out for blogging.
Here I am and hope to pen mythoughts more frequently.
Wish you all a Merry Christmas and enjoy your vacation too !

No comments: